Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Garbage Plate- Veganized

Okay, I already know what you're going to say... yes it looks disgusting but oh my word is it good. If you are unfamiliar with the garbage plate terminology here's a basic definition: add a bunch of things together (usually on top of one another and enough grease to kill a small child) and is served in Rochester. I've never had it because I've been vegetarian basically since I've had my license and vegan for any Rochester/ Syracuse trips.
How I made this ugly duckling was easy: throw everything into a frying pan and fry. I put 1/2 a bag of organic hashbrowns (preshredded), 1 c of leftover Tofurkey/gravy from the potluck, 1/2 c of pumpkin stew, 1/4 c nutritional yeast, pressed garlic and olive oil. This is more for people who know what they like and just want a good idea of a quick and easy meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment